Enjoy interviews with Jens Risom, John Kostick, Norm Architects and other masters of modern design.
Chilewich Wave Mat
Designed by Sandy Chilewich
Returns and Refunds
We want you to be delighted with your new purchase. If you need to make a return, we're here to help. Please review your item(s) upon delivery. If there is an issue with your order, contact your local DWR Studio or our customer service team at 800.944.2233 or email@example.com within three (3) days of receipt. If you receive a damaged, defective, or incorrect item, we’ll make it right.
We have a few things to keep in mind during the return process:
- Returns must be received in original condition within 30 days of receipt.
- Shipping charges are non-refundable. You will be responsible for outbound and return shipping and delivery charges.
- Returns are accepted only at our warehouse—not at DWR Studios, DWR Outlets, or company headquarters.
- Your refund will be reduced by a restocking charge equal to 10% of the purchase price (accessories, bedding, Sonno mattresses*, and towels are exempt).
- Credit card orders will receive refunds in the form of a credit back to the original account.
- Check and cash payments will be returned via a refund check or DWR Merchandise Credit.
- Be sure to retain the original packing materials, receipt, and all merchandise tags for returns.
What can’t you return or exchange?
- Custom or special order furniture.
- Floor samples and items purchased from DWR Outlets and eBay.
What if I need to cancel my order?
We can accept cancellation of your order for items that have not yet shipped or are on backorder. In-stock items normally ship within 24–48 hours after an order has been placed. Once an item has shipped, cancellation is not possible.
- If you order by credit card, your card will be charged as each item is shipped.
- Custom and special order items cannot be canceled.
What about the 100-Night Sonno® Mattress* Sleep Trial?
Try Sonno risk-free for up to 100 nights (with a minimum of 30). If you decide to return the mattress, contact your local DWR Studio or call 800.944.2233 for a refund and free pickup.
- One sleep trial per household annually.
- Delivery fees nonrefundable.
Risk of Loss
All items purchased from Design Within Reach are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier. If your order is placed with a purchase order, the shipping term of FOB DWR shipping dock will supersede any shipping terms in your purchase order.
Current Shipping pageREAD MORE ON RETURNS & EXCHANGES
After co-founding the successful HUE hosiery company with Kathy Moskal, Sandy Chilewich experimented with different fibers until she stumbled upon woven vinyl, which serves as her signature textile to this day. Her Wave Mat (2016) features traditional Jacquard construction, using bi-color yarns in such a way that hues fade in and out, creating a subtle undulating pattern. It’s woven from Plynyl®: eco-friendly TerraStrand vinyl yarn bonded to latex cushion backing and treated with Microban to inhibit growth of bacteria, mold and mildew. Wave is Green Label Plus certified by the Carpet and Rug Institute to meet stringent VOC emissions requirements for indoor air quality. Suitable for use indoors and out. Can be vacuumed or mopped. Made in U.S.A.
According to Sandy Chilewich, one of her biggest motivators is to create “a new function from something familiar,” exactly what she did when she produced her award-winning Raybowl, introduced in 1997. The first design from her studio, Chilewich, it consisted of a simple wire steel frame covered in stretchy power mesh. Chilewich already knew a thing or two about stretchy fabric: ...
TerraStrand™ vinyl face; latex backing; Microban® treatment
Shipping InfoView Shipping Options
Complete the Room
Designed by Finn Juhl, produced by Onecollection$9,290.00 - $9,876.00
Designed by Susanne Grønlund for Softline$1,595.00 - $2,495.00
Designed by Raphael Fournier and Martin Endrizzi, produced by Objekto$345.00 - $645.00
Designed by Lee Mindel for Design Within Reach$1,295.00 - $1,595.00
Designed by Norm Architects for Design Within Reach$2,795.00