• Use any or all of the materials (except glass) from no more than two (2) bottles of champagne, sparkling wine, or sparkling cider, any brand. If you wish to be considered for the Pommery Prize, use materials from Pommery brand champagne bottles. Glue is the only permitted adhesive, and it must be used as an adhesive not as a building material that can be carved or shaped. You are not permitted to use any additional materials – including tape or paint.
• Cork sheeting is not allowed. If you think the construction of your chair might be mistaken for cork sheeting, please take photos while making your chair. Finalists may be asked to provide proof of construction methods.
• The chair must measure no more than 4" x 4" x 4".
• Call for entries begins November 1, 2020. Entries must be received before midnight ET on January 5, 2021.
• Twenty (20) chairs will be selected as finalists: ten (10) from the Most Original category and ten (10) from the Best Likeness category. If your chair is one of those, you’ll be asked to send it to DWR. One chair from among the finalists will be selected to receive the Pommery Prize providing it meets entry requirements for that prize. All submitted chairs will become the property of DWR.
• Contest is open to legal residents of the U.S. and District of Columbia who are 21 or older.
• Only one (1) submission is allowed per person.