Trade Terms & Conditions
Design Within Reach (“DWR”) Trade membership is granted only to interior designers, architects, developers, set designers, and stagers and members of design firms and members of architecture firms in the United States and Canada. Membership is subject to the following terms and conditions, which may change, without notice, from time to time at the sole discretion of DWR. DWR reserves the right to discontinue the DWR Trade program at any time and at DWR’s sole discretion.
To qualify for DWR Trade membership, you must be an individual and provide the following materials applicable to your profession, along with your completed application: (i) a proof of membership to a trade organization or a copy of your business license; and (ii) your company website or social media page, or a copy of your company letterhead.
Note: A resale certificate is not mandatory, but can be substituted for a business license. If you want your DWR Trade account to be both tax-exempt and taxable, please provide your resale certificate as further described below. DWR reserves the right to make DWR Trade membership determinations at our sole discretion. Each applicant must apply for membership by submitting their individual credentials. An eligible member must be an individual and not a business or entity; multiple individuals employed by a single business or entity may apply individually by submitting separate applications and gaining approval, but the business or entity itself will not qualify for DWR Trade membership. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Membership is non-transferable, and misuse may result in termination. Misuse includes, without limitation: using the trade discount for personal purchases, any resale of merchandise purchased using the trade discount through any retail outlet (e.g., resale on or through any retail or auction website or store); reimbursement of trade discount upon merchandise return; transfer of membership; and submitting false, expired, or misleading information in connection with a membership application. DWR reserves the right to review and terminate a member’s eligibility if DWR believes, in its sole discretion, that a membership has been misused.
Members receive a discount of 20% on full-price merchandise at DWR online and in-store, with no minimum purchase required and cannot be applied to reduced price, sale, or clearance merchandise. Discount applies to merchandise only, excluding outlet items, floor samples, gift cards, taxes or other fees, and shipping, and it cannot be combined with other promotions or offers, applied to past purchases or future deliveries, nor redeemed for cash. DWR reserves the right to change the list of eligible items at its sole discretion without notice.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP STATUS
To check your membership status or for any questions regarding the DWR Trade application process, please contact a DWR store near you, by calling 1.800.944.2233 (press 3 for trade), or email us at email@example.com. As a DWR Trade member, it is your responsibility to notify DWR of any changes in your account information.
Resale Certificates For Tax-Exempt Purchases (within the U.S.)
To make tax-exempt purchases in applicable states in which you maintain tax-exempt status, please complete the following steps:
1. Supply all applicable resale certificates for each state below. State authorities require us to keep a complete copy of the resale certificate in addition to your reseller license or permit.
NOTE: Sales tax is collected based on the ship-to address, so the state resale certificate needed is based on the shipping destination for each order.
- For resellers in Florida, please provide a copy of your signed annual resale certificate.
- For resellers in Oklahoma, please provide a copy of your sales tax exemption permit.
- For resellers in Mississippi, please provide a copy of your sales tax permit.
- For resellers in Washington, please provide a copy of your reseller permit.
2. Fill in all required information and sign each resale certificate and permit you require.
3. Supply completed resale certificates and permits at the time of submission of your application. If you want to add a reseller after submitting your application, please contact a DWR store near you, by calling 1.800.944.2233 (press 3 for trade), or email firstname.lastname@example.org, including your name, company name and DWR Trade account number within the email. (Only one set of documents is required per company.) Once we have your documents on file, you will not need to provide a copy for each future purchase.
Tax-exempt purchases can be made in-store, by calling 1.800.944.2233 (press 3 for trade), or with your online trade account at www.dwr.com.